mercredi, février 18, 2004

http://www.pineapple-girl.com/melee/0402.php

February 18, 2004
10:46 am CST

I hope y'all are staying tuned! It's coming, and for real. All hell is about to break loose in Texas. Here's what BuzzFlash has to say. And be sure to check out the Burnt Orange Report. They can say far more than I can. As I expected, the political insider sites started discussing it "hypothetically" at first -- I bet we see something in the Austin Chronicle (our alternative weekly) soon. I've heard that the Houston Chronicle and Austin American-Statesman (dailies) are waiting for the smoking gun.

I've heard that he's stepping down, I've heard that he's already got a gig lined up in DC, I've heard that everyone over at his house is pretending like not a single thing out of the ordinary is going on. The rumormongering is mad; this is all the whole town is talking about, albeit in whispers.

Last night at pub quiz, our team neam was "Queer Eye for the Republican Bi." Swear. (credit where it's due: Mary came up with that. She's punny.)

February 16, 2004
1:37 am CST



Now, here's all you need to know for your Monday morning:

Something big is going on here in Austin. There is an enormous scandal about to break, the likes of which Texas hasn't seen since Drew Nixon. Only, far far bigger. And I can't even allude to It, because I'm not going to get my ass in a sling.

But, I heard It from an insider on Thursday morning, and everything else that I heard all weekend is backing It up. No one is talking about It, but everyone's "not talking about" the exact same rumor. So, keep your eyes peeled -- my guess is that the Statesman will have It first. (Well, the political papers will have It first, but those are subscription-only)

And I am just wringing my hands with glee. Absolute glee. I'd heard tell for years about this, but It was far too outrageous to be true. Let's just wait and watch...